Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Original B-B-Q Hut!

So yeah this was not ur typical eatery but it is exactly what opening an establishment should be about. According to what I’ve been told they started small and grew and grew and grew not because of funding or fake fame cuz i ah trini and i didn’t even know bout them. Apparently they consistently put out good food and it brings people and they bring people and like a pyramid scheme we all profit!!! So yeah like a pyramid junky my friend swore this was the best bbq in south if not the country so i packed my bag settled my mind and journeyed down to the south land.

The setting was super simple... a really oversized tent with a large parking lot, half the tent dedicated to customers and seating the other was the kitchen. Just a note it was a beauty to see, an active lively kitchen is a wonderful thing to watch almost distracting so i made sure to sit with my back to this distraction (a really fun distraction). Hygiene was not an issue, for an open air facility they kept things really clean and organized. I loved the fact that they served dessert REAL DESSERT!!! I didn’t like the dessert..... but at least they tried!

The food was what I expected but sorry baby not the best. They had good a variety of meats (no pork) but as a person who’s accustomed eating her own food I am not going outside of my safety zone yet so chicken it was!!! AND FOR ALL YOU TITTY HOUNDS OUT THERE !!! leg and thighs have so much more flavour try one once in a while!!! It came with a small salad and fries. Simply put it was simple food done right, no complications. They understand that a fairly limited menu allows you to focus on each element and do it right, no worries. It also allows them to serve customers quickly so even though when we got there we met a serious line we still got to the head quickly and were served swiftly. I had the Cheesecake but like I said I didn’t really like it. All in all a good dining experience i really enjoyed it and hell you can’t beat the price!!!The best I’ve had for the record was from Neil Seepersad of Seepersad Catering in St. Augustine.

No comments: