Wednesday, June 18, 2008

J. Malone's restoring my faith in chain restaurants!


I take it back eatin at the inspots aint too bad!! J Malone's... if i had some extra thumbs i would put them up too. It was basically wat it was supposed to be! If wat you see in movies and stuff is accurate they got the decor right all it needs is some wear and tear, some drunk irish football fans and boom yuh feel as irish as a clover. Sooo my real reason for going... the food !!

The menu was ur typical burgers and cutters but they tried to keep adding a touch of Ireland here and there with Shamrock this and that but the truly traditional section contained things like Shepard's Pie , Fish and Chips and Irish Stew, I had the stew (after all it's an irish pub man!) ohhhhhhh stew!! ohhhh beef!!! yes i know traditionally it should be lamb but hey I was glad for beef! It looked great with its pastry crusted bowl and side of vegetables. A+ I loved it from start to finish, Guinness and all. My peeps mostly had burgers but i got my brother to try the Herb Crackling Chicken. That too was great unfortunately I saw cackling and assumed it would come with crisp seasoned skin which would have made for better presentation and flavour but hey it was still a great meal. and for all you “Wanna try Bleu Cheese Trini's” out there if you don't like the smell of funky socks and the taste of mould just don't !!! I still laughin at Kareem silly boy!! That stench gets into ur pores and ur hands reek for hours!! They serve wedges REAL WEDGES!! seasoned and crispy mmmmmmmm good stuff with a garlic sauce/dip ohhhhhh good stuff! Much love to our server, Sasha I think was the name. She dealt with us like a pro straight forward and not just loads of fun but very well informed!

Second time around ... yeah I was a repeat customer i had an adventurous group this time (I love my foodie family) we sampled Ribs, Beer Battered Chicken Sandwiches, Quesadillas, Chicken Alfredo and more stew! Everything was just as the menu described and was a good choice. To all the titty fans the beer battered chicken is for you!!!! Mucho meat!! It took me back to when Piarco was tiny there was a vendor who used to fry chicken and drop it in a hops nothin fancy but it was good chicken (bone and all) with great hops mmmm i think he still sellin there!!! Any way back to J's, dessert! Baileys Cheesecake shhhh ur interruptin the heavenly chorus....... yeah ! that was by far the best cheesecake I have ever ever EVER bought (please note i said bought not tasted) it was mile high New York stlye Cheesecake with a splash of Baileys poured on it. I guess you could ask them to hold the Baileys but y would u? the fact that they didnt try to bake the cake with the Irish Cream in it preserved the true flavour of both the cake and the Baileys. From its super thin crust to its simple presentation this was a great way to end a meal. It was unfortunately imported. The Chocolate Cake was sweet as a mofo but good once you had a sip of coffee to go with it and you can get your coffee “dressed up” if you know what I mean wink wink!! two very very good dining experiences I will most definitely be returning.Take time to read the Irish proverbs and stuff in the menu it makes for good kicks especially if read in a shitty wanna b Irish accent.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes i agree the food is boss... but the best thing about J-Malones would be all the foreign beers :p...
*takes a sip of a new castle brown ale*... :D