Saturday, March 6, 2010

Start Random Testing


So change is on the horizon. I hav found that when it comes to eating out i like my tired and trues so not much has been happening on this page ...... HOWEVER I've also found that random recipe testing is kinda like random drug testing .... a real hit and miss. So this blog will now be dedicated to my personal successes and failures using recipes on the internet all of which claim to be tried and tested and guaranteeing jaw dropping results. So I’ll be journeying to my own little world with the use of my oven and stove top. Stay tuned.
On a final eating out note however!!!! Cold stone v.s. Hagen Daz?? Never get it twisted i love me my Soursop, Guiness, Sorrel and Rum Raisin from places like Willies and B's but as we get older when u and ur hunny want to jus chilax out over a scoop or two they just don't cut it.
I eh go front i always passing through Hagen Daz but i had to make a turn in Coldstone some time. The menu board hits u like a tonne of sugary bricks and the idea of mix it like you want madness can be overwhelming so after a step back i read and adjusted. Now you have to option of just having plain ice cream but seriously where is the fun in that!! Okay OKAY!! with flavours like cake batter it might have its fun elements but i wanted to mix something up.
The portions aren't small or medium they are like it, love it!! I liked the spread the atmosphere everything but the cashier but my peev about poor customer service will not cloud this post. I settle on a coffee lovers watever watever (cyah remember the name) They spread a large scoop of coffee ice cream on the cold stone fill the space with caramel. roasted almond and chunks of Heath bars. Mix mix mix and scoop it into a cup (i could hav had a cone or a waffle cup but i was jus cool. It was sweet coffee heaven! I slurped ate chewed and savoured it all. The portion was a little big but in my defense i had just had lunch! I could down it with ease had i had less in the tank to start with. All in all an enjoyable outing and definitely a repeat on my list but wat of the Hagen guys u ask?
Well they have been my ice cream haunt for some time now, simple, light portions with a sophisticated feel. They have a good offering of not just ice cream but shakes, drinks, desserts and such. All they need to add is a Panini menu or savoury pastry menu and they win me over. usually i hav almost anything caramel based but my top three are Banofee, Dulce de leche and randomly in there Mango Sorbet. I've had many a scoop before settling on these! I used to hav a scoop after dinner at some random place and always on a cone but i always found that the sugar cone is horrible and isn't worth the paper its wrapped in. So i converted to cup. Once again not a complaint except the random CSR altercation but...... oh wait! their pastries!! Oh lord if i say it once i sayin it again doh sell stale stuff!! I stop buying their dessert items strategically placed close to the register simply because they always look picture perfect but when u bite you can tell if they were delivered two hours or two weeks ago. I unfortunately had the two week old ones one time too many u know the whole fool me once saying nah.
So Hagen or ColdStone? Well in writing this post i started to feel like i'm trying to compare mangoes and pommecytheres. But Hagen Daz is good for an upscale light ice cream outing while Coldstone is for those "crazy get this ice cream craving monkey off my back" moments!!! Gimme gimme! know wat i mean? so happy eating and see u soon

3 comments:

Señor Tibito said...

Where is the Random Testing!?!?! :-)

oh I started a blog btw www.tibitosword.blogspot.com

wad-id-is said...

funny enough i started that weekend but i havent written yet!

Señor Tibito said...

hmph... is really election time! Promises Promises...
Well I waiting - u never know i might try cooking :)